PDA

View Full Version : White Lined Gecko hatchling

MauricesExoticPets
04-28-2013, 12:58 PM
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll91/MauricesExoticPets/IMG_20130423_222519_037.jpg

Anyone else produce these this season?

I need a real camera by the way.

Maurice Pudlo

Riverside Reptiles
04-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Way to go Maurice! Such an under-appreciated species. You've been threatening to get a good camera for years now! I'll believe it when I see it ;)
Can you post up some pics and info on the magnetic pvc tubes that you mentioned in a previous post?
I'd like to see them. I found a great site with tons of the rare earth magnets, but they come in a zillion sizes and shapes (as well as magnetic force). So, I'd like to get some ideas from yours.

MauricesExoticPets
04-28-2013, 03:04 PM
I actually picked up a couple packages of the magnets just for that demonstration from harbor freight a couple days ago, the camera is coming sooner than I'd like we promised one of the boys if he got good grades we would buy him a camera for next years photography class, it looks like he is getting those grades.

I do have a good film camera, but that's doing me very little good these days.

As for the geckos, I've hatched out eight of them between October 17th 2012 and just about a week ago in this enclosure. There are five eggs remaining that look good.

I am hoping someone else is also working with them, I'd love to see a few less on death dealers tables in the future.

I think they are very much underappreciated. They are fairly active and not particularly loud with their vocalizations like the tokay and are pretty light on the pocket as far as feeding goes.

Maurice Pudlo

MC gecko
04-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Anyone else produce these this season?

Maurice Pudlo

We have some egg incubing right now, hopefully produce some this year :)

Also if they sell well, we will get other breeding pairs to reduce imported specimens in Canada. Because there only are very few people that breed in Canada. It's a species often forgotten, but they are really sweet as you say and we really love them.

MC gecko

billewicz
04-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Very nice. And thank you for breeding them. I can't do them all, HA! I received a group of very nice healthy imports last year by surprise. (Typical gift from exporters is to 'throw-in' some common Gecko.) There were 8 pair but I just did not have the room since they came in the same box as 50 other Gecko.

Some folks in PA and NY got some really nice imports though.

Good luck and all the best,

Michael

XoVictoryXo
05-01-2013, 01:43 PM
oh my gosh. he is so cute!!!!

aquamentus_11
05-11-2013, 07:17 AM
do these guys have parenting behavior similar to tokays? i'd imagine so given their close relationship and the pic above. i've always toyed with the idea getting one of these....their patterning is so simple, but so unique. it reminds me of australian aboriginal body painting in a way. very cool-looking little dude