PDA

View Full Version : Tokay frees comrade about to be killed by snake

Elizabeth Freer
05-18-2013, 09:41 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=287092081424345&set=vb.100003706678255&type=2&theater

Cor8et
05-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Very clever and loyal :)

Anyone got information on how intelligent Tokay`s are ?

Do Tokay`s hunt/eat small snakes in their natural habitat ?

Thank`s for posting Elizabeth :)

Elizabeth Freer
05-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Very clever and loyal :)

Anyone got information on how intelligent Tokay`s are ?

Do Tokay`s hunt/eat small snakes in their natural habitat ?

Thank`s for posting Elizabeth :)

Think it is more likely that snakes hunt tokays (and eat them) :-(.

Wonder whether this video was actually a spontaneous filming of the first time seen or whether the people videoing it had actually seen it happen before and set it up, so to speak.

GU has a forum where tokays are one of the featured geckos.

Cor8et
05-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Yes snakes do eat lizards plus other snakes, most anything else that`s can fit into it`s mouth, i`v a Cali King Snake, they eat Rat snakes in the wild.

The reason i asked was because the other Gecko had taken its time to asses the situation before going in, if it had experience in doing so. I`d go for spontaneous but you never know it might happen a lot ?

Elizabeth Freer
05-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Yes snakes do eat lizards plus other snakes, most anything else that`s can fit into it`s mouth, i`v a Cali King Snake, they eat Rat snakes in the wild.

The reason i asked was because the other Gecko had taken its time to asses the situation before going in, if it had experience in doing so. I`d go for spontaneous but you never know it might happen a lot ?

The pre-assessment by the rescuing tokay is one of the things I like about this video :-)

Aimless
05-19-2013, 12:30 PM
oh, yeah, I first saw this video a couple of years ago. I, too, love the way you can see the wheels turning in the mate's head; he's obviously completely freaked out, but is still working his way through the problem.