PDA

View Full Version : Gecko is passing eggs for the first time, help!

Razzledazzle
05-29-2013, 11:33 PM
My Leo gecko is passing egg(s) for the first time and I'm in full blown panic because it has been a week since I took her to the vet over this. I have a protien supplement I'm suppose to feed her because her tail practically shriveled up to the bone. However I'm suppose to feed her 2-3 syringes but she'll only take 1- 1 1/2. Anything more and she throws it up and this whole process stresses her out really bad so I try to limit this process to every other day. I also soak her in warm water 3times a day, per vet guidance. She was doing OK for the most part but the past 2-3 days she looks like she's taking a turn for the worse. She looks terrible and miserable (understandable) but I have to tap the tank or touch her just to make sure she isn't dead. Today when I got home from work I honestly thought I lost her because her legs are laying funny and claws curled into loose balls. (Its really hard to describe) Am I just over reacting or should I be concerned? When will these eggs finally pass? Out of my 3 Leos this one is my baby, pride and joy so that's why I'm taking this so hard. It's stressing me out and I know that doesn't help her much for me to stress. Please help.

acpart
05-31-2013, 01:01 AM
I care greatly about my geckos, but it gets to a point where you can only do as much as you can do. You've taken her to the vet, are carrying out the prescribed treatments, but it's possible that it's just too much for her. My only suggestion is to keep working with her and do your best but understand that sometimes they just aren't able to survive whatever is happening to them. Sometimes, though, they do pull through when you least expect it. I have a male supersnow who stops eating every winter and usually gets either an upper respiratory infection, a mouth sore or both. This winter he lost way more weight than he usually does and started to look like death warmed over. I continued to get a few superworm guts into him, and to hydrate him but given how he looked (he had been to the vet and gone through the antibiotic treatment) I was ready to give up. He just started eating again last week and is looking much better! So keep doing what you're doing and be prepared for a number of possibilities.

Aliza

05-31-2013, 09:38 AM
Try honey :D
But must a pure honey..
No sugar..
Must pure..
Your leopard gecko will like to eat again..
Just apply at the mouth..
Your leopard gecko will lick the honey and drink it..
Apply it twice a day..
Till your leopard gecko want to eat normally again..
In Indonesia we use this trick to increase our leopard geckos appetite..

Sorry if my english is so bad.. :ninja: