PDA

View Full Version : Is Zippy Ovulating?

lovemyleopardgeckos
07-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Hey Geckos unlimited! um, i was looking at Zippy's belly when i noticed 2 red spots on her belly:scratchhead: well, not ON her belly but inside her belly. I think it is either fat or eggs becaus ei was looking up stuff about eggs and it said female leos can develop eggs without the male and i looked at pics and they look just like it if so she just started developing because, a week ago i checked her belly and there were NO red spots and plus she is not very big yet if she is ovulating. thanks! i have to post pics another day cause i have to get off.

Mardy
07-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Pictures required, hard to tell what you saw.

Females can start ovulating as early as 6 months old, so having a female gecko ovulate isn't abnormal. And ovulation does not necessarily mean the female will develop eggs. While they could develop eggs and lay eggs without being bred, they usually don't.

lovemyleopardgeckos
07-19-2013, 08:32 AM
ok i will but first i have to charge up my camera batteries! i am actually thinking of selling 2 of my four geckos and breeding them cause i think i have one male in fact my batteries are charging right now! i will get pics as soon as possible! thanks!

lovemyleopardgeckos
07-19-2013, 08:44 AM
here is the pic. the batteries were charging over night apparently. these are the best pics i could get.:D i can try to get more if you need me to! :D

Mardy
07-19-2013, 11:03 AM
She's bulgy for sure, but hard to tell if she's ovulating or not from that pic. If you put her in a clear container with light shining on top of her, it may be easier to see. Need a clearer pic of the middle of her stomach.

Was she housed with another male?

lovemyleopardgeckos
07-19-2013, 02:57 PM
NEVER has been housed with a male. i have a male but he is a hatchling and she has never been near him.
i will try to get a better pic thanks!