PDA

View Full Version : Leos become more "jumpy" during breeding season?

LeopardGeckoBreederFan
02-10-2014, 10:06 PM
I havent permanently put together my breeding group, but they seem to be more jumpy. Like just in general. My main male was in his cage in perfectly normal conditions and something touched him and he jumped like it scared him to death. And last night I was holding one of my females (one I'm not going to breed due to her only being 31 grams) and my hair accidentally brushed against her. She jumped and make a loud TSK!! noise. Is that just the general behavior during mating season? Are they more on edge?

scm133
02-25-2014, 04:05 PM
My females are always the same. I do not see any major temperament changes.
But the males..a whole different story!! They know it is that time of year, and are very active. I have to be careful opening their bins..they are ready to run out. I have one male Sunglow who gets snappy this time of year. He has latched on to me twice!!!

LeopardGeckoBreederFan
02-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I think that female just hates me hair lol. Shes fine except when my hair hits her lol. But yeah my males have become spastic and hyper and edgy. They're so hormonal lol. Especially the male I'm currently breeding right now. My other one is relatively calm but still not docile lol