PDA

View Full Version : non pregnant pregnant gecko cage mate digging

jordan7
04-30-2014, 07:45 PM
:? So i just started breeding leopard geckos my first clutch is in the incubator so correct me if needed my leopard gecko is pregnant and has already laid a first clutch of 2 eggs so when she got ready to lay her first clutch she was digging not laying them yet but digging and the non pregnant cage mate dug to even when the pregnant one wasn't digging she was never with a male so shes not pregnant is this normal have i found something new the two geckos have been together since the pet store and as long as iv had them around 4 years i decided to breed her but not her cage mate recently i think they might be communicating or something shes close to laying her next clutch and it happening again:?

acpart
04-30-2014, 10:36 PM
Sometimes they dig when they're alone and not pregnant. Sometimes the males dig. Who can tell what's in the mind of a gecko?

Aliza

kimwal
05-05-2014, 12:30 AM
What are they thinking? lol! I have 3 bandits--one male,female and their 1 baby (my avatar) and they all dig the peat moss. They like to dig it til it is all loose then they lay on it--all spread out, they all have their own box but somehow do exactly the same thing. It is warm and moist in the peat moss box. Later they track it around the cage. The male often scratches his calcium pot up and dumps it out in the cage. Their pics are on my website. supergiantleopardgecko.com:)