PDA

View Full Version : Tokays active during the day?

shamilt1
02-05-2015, 06:50 AM
Just got a cb bonded pair in 36x18x36 enclosure. Good humidity (usually between 66-87), temps 86, and plenty of vertical hides. Since they are new, I have left them alone so they can settle down. I generally do not handle any of my geckos unless necessary. The only disturbance is my misting of the tank in the mornings and evenings. I see them out and about all the time during the day. Especially the female. Checked periodically at night (with red LED flashlight) and they are nowhere to be found (I assume, in their hide). The male calls like clockwork once in the mornings, usually between 9-10am. There is an egg in their hide. Don't know if that makes any difference. I also bought the enclosure from their prior owner as well. I however have added live plants, and the normal hydroton, springtails, magnolia leaves, etc.

As they were recently moved, I expected them to be more reclusive and certainly did not expect to see them out and about during the day. Is this normal?

Ingo
02-06-2015, 12:54 PM
They feel safe and secure...than ist normal. Albeit if you aske me, the enclosure is pretty small for a pair of tokays.

billewicz
02-13-2015, 07:49 PM
My long term collection is out all day long.

Tongue Flicker
02-15-2015, 10:45 PM
I have wild tokays in my resort house, out in the open but out of direct sunlight. If you get too close they run behind the paintings and if you leave and check on them again a couple of hours later they're out again lol..

As for yours, I'm inclined to agree that your enclosure is small for a pair. More plant cover, maybe?