PDA

View Full Version : Uh... aggressive much?

insanely_edited
04-06-2015, 09:40 AM
When I introduced my female and male one time, they were fine. Then this week I introduced my female into the male's tank, and she lunged at him two times and tried to kill him. Help.

Aimless
04-06-2015, 04:59 PM
sometimes they simply don't get along.

how are you introducing?

insanely_edited
04-07-2015, 12:20 PM
sometimes they simply don't get along.

how are you introducing?

I put my female into my males tank.

Aimless
04-07-2015, 04:06 PM
I think it's generally a good idea to put a male into a female's tank. you might try it that way.

insanely_edited
04-08-2015, 12:22 PM
I think it's generally a good idea to put a male into a female's tank. you might try it that way.

How would that help a female? Wouldn't she defend her space even more!?

Aimless
04-08-2015, 03:59 PM
it's all about the female feeling more secure. if she attacked him in his tank, she wasn't defending her territory.

insanely_edited
04-09-2015, 10:34 AM
it's all about the female feeling more secure. if she attacked him in his tank, she wasn't defending her territory.

Not sure if she was ovulating...

insanely_edited
04-13-2015, 09:42 AM
Now she was burying herself under her reptile carpet, I feel like she's about to ovulate... It's been two weeks... I feel like she will be ovulating soon right?

B&B Geckos
06-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Females accept/reject males at different stages of follicle formation. According to research, 80% of females accept males when the follicle is about 1/2" in diameter. So, maybe she was simply not receptive. Some females are much more aggressive than others. When they are receptive, even these aggressive females will stand motionless, their body language is completely different. We introduce then at the start of ovulation, and repeat every 3 days until she accepts him. If she's aggressive we simply separate them and reintroduce a few days later.
Finally, introducing the male to the female or vice versa both work. We usually introduce the less shy/nervous gecko into the others enclosure. A neutral enclosure is also recommended by some. Best of luck!