PDA

View Full Version : appropriate weight range for a male E. agricolae at 6 months?

ofrell
02-10-2016, 04:33 PM
My little guy weights in at a svelte 1.65g using a very accurate balance. he has grown quite a bit since I've got him and his tail looks plump, but he is still quite small. He is 5.5 months. Does anyone know if this weight is appropriate? Also, what is an average weight for an adult male?

I have been feeding mostly Pangea CGD. I've recently started offering dubia nymphs. He eats only about 3 per week.

thank you

jeff

Yoshi'smom
02-10-2016, 04:50 PM
I'm not too familiar with this species but definitely have done my research as I've been hoping to add one to my family eventually. I know they are tiny guys and yours appears to be a healthy youngster. Females are usually larger than males coming in at about 7-10 grams and males usually are about 5-7 grams (adults). Sounds like he's got a little growing up to do for you.

ofrell
04-04-2016, 05:41 PM
He/She has almost doubled in weight since 2/10 at 3.1g now. The dubia nymphs have made a huge difference.

Yoshi'smom
04-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Yay! Yeah, I got myself a pair of these guys and they are great. I haven't gotten a chance to weigh them yet, but the male is very noticeably smaller than the female.
Glad your little guy seems to be doing well.

ofrell
04-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Oh congrats. I have grandis, chahouas, and agricolae and the agricolae are definitely my fave. so active and unafraid. Do you plan to breed? I now have 4 total, but unsure of sex on them, hoping for at least one unrelated breeding pair, but 2 would be amazing.

Also, where did you get yours? I got mine from Tony Terrada at Roc Geckos in Rochester NY and Tara Leigh's Geckos.

Yoshi'smom
04-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Thanks!!
I have a leopard gecko, a pictus gecko, a leachianus as well as breeding E. Agricolae, Gargoyle and Crested geckos.
I just have my pair, but I'm fairly certain that next year I'll be making it a trio.
I got my pair from Andi @ Gray Sky Exotics. She's on IHerp. The male is from Bruce @ BB's geckos and the female is from one of her pairs.
I know a few people breed them but the list is small.
If you're on Facebook, you can request to join the group called "Dwarf Geckos Classifieds & Discussion Group". I've seen several listed there.
Otherwise, I can compile my list of people I know who breed them if you need me to. :)