PDA

View Full Version : Lighting options

EctoJo
06-28-2017, 07:34 PM
Planning on moving my Tokay into a permanent larger enclosure. An exo terra 18x18x24. I wanted to use a Day heat bulb and a night heat bulb of different wattage to do a day night temp drop and still be able to watch chow time at night. Would regular incandescent bulbs or the basking shaped ones work better. I would keep them side by side on the front portion of the tank because I have seen heat melt the foam backdrop in similar enclosures. Thanks in advance for your advice.

EctoJo
07-18-2017, 07:19 PM
Actually, I won't be using any live plants. For the time being, I think I will be using a Che for the basking spot and a regular full spectrum day light bulb with one of exo Terra's lamps that glow in the dark once the light is off for nighttime viewing (assuming it works as advertised). I noticed that she responds better and is more active at night with either a blue light or the Che as opposed to the infrared spot bulb. I have seen the fixture you are referring to and I really do like the looks of it. I will probably try to eventually move the enclosure into a different room with more consistency in temps and humidity. I'm the only one in the house who doesn't require air on full blast all of the time so I have the top covered almost completely to hold in moisture but would like to get a little more air movement.

EctoJo
07-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Her is a photo of my current setup if you have any advice for improvement. The circles are just indicating where I have thermometers and or hygrometers placed. 42195