Results 1 to 5 of 5
12-29-2012, 12:44 AM #1
What is my crested gecko's morph?
LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD
12-29-2012, 12:49 AM #2
had trouble uploading the pictures of him, so never mind the morph question, however, advice on the food question would still be great, thanks
12-31-2012, 07:41 PM #3
when you can upload photos, try the sticky "what morph is my crested gecko".
as far as food goes, that is by far the most common question for new crestie keepers. several things will influence appetite, and if you look through the crestie subforum you'll find long detailed discussions.
I'll give the brief answer here:
1. cresties need to feel safe. make sure he has plenty of places to hide (TP tube, fake/real plants, etc).
2. cresties take time to settle in. if you've only had him a few days or even a few weeks, he's probably still adjusting to the new place. give him a week or two to get comfortable and don't handle him until AFTER he has settled in and shows a good appetite.
3. small cresties eat a very small amount. just make sure he has fresh food available every other day, plenty of cover, and appropriate temperature and humidity. chances are good he's coming out at night and eating tiny amounts.
4. most very young cresties are a little ribby. they tend to be lean in the body until they put some size on. this is perfectly fine. if you're worried, get a scale and weigh him - but don't weigh more than once every week or two to see real change.
5. if he regularly gets crickets, he might be picky and not eat the CGD. give him crickets once or twice a week, but not every day.
good luck with him!Morelia spilota harrisoni * Morelia spilota mcdowelli * Liasis fuscus * Liasis mackloti * Liasis mackloti savuensis * Liasis olivaceous olivaceous* Anteresia maculosa * Python regius * Gekko gecko * Correlophus ciliatus * Blaesodactylus boivini * Lepidodactylus lugubris
01-01-2013, 06:51 PM #4
How long had you had him?
How long have you had your crested gecko? Sometimes they dont eat certain things in their first few weeks. I wouldn't be too worried, he could just be a picky eater . You could try putting a TINY bit of honey in his CGD that sometimes gets them to eat it. But ween them off of that honey because it is like pure sugar. As long as he is gaining weight since you got him he should be ok. Good luck!
01-06-2013, 09:33 AM #5
LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Leopard Gecko Caresheet
===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside a vivarium <===
Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Lygodactylus kimhowelli ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ P. tigrinus