Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    It does actually! I actually stopped feeding her the Pangea because D3 wasn't a listed ingredient. She can stick to the wall. Just doesn't want to. I watched her a bit tonight and she just seems sassy. Could it be a possibility that she's egg bound? She'd be around two by now. Thanks again for your help.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    19,472
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    It does actually! I actually stopped feeding her the Pangea because D3 wasn't a listed ingredient. She can stick to the wall. Just doesn't want to. I watched her a bit tonight and she just seems sassy. Could it be a possibility that she's egg bound? She'd be around two by now. Thanks again for your help.
    Do you see eggs in her belly?

    There's so much a hands-on exotics specialist vet can do that online assistance can't.

    D3 is often listed as cholecalciferol.

    Pangea's Complete Diets DO contain vitamin D3.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside a vivarium <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're right. I'll take her to the vet. Thank you

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    19,472
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    You're right. I'll take her to the vet. Thank you
    You're welcome. I hope you find some answers.

    Cresties are quite common. Troubleshooting should be easier with those. I just could not see you waiting when something is amiss.

    With some geckos, conscientious and knowledgeable breeders provide the best answers to difficulties.

    Please keep us updated. This thread may be best, since some of us are already subscribed.
    Last edited by Elizabeth Freer; 02-01-2018 at 08:26 AM.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside a vivarium <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I took her to the vet yesterday evening. Turns out there's absolutely nothing wrong with her. Weight, calcium sacs, and size are all normal for her age, and no signs of MBD. The vet said that since it's been a bit chilly lately she could just be less active, along with her transitioning into adulthood. I got her a couple pinhead crickets on the way home (dusted them before feeding) and she actually chased them down and ate them. She seems to be a bit more active now. I'm super glad that she's healthy and thanks again for your input.
    Likes Aimless, Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    19,472
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    I took her to the vet yesterday evening. Turns out there's absolutely nothing wrong with her. Weight, calcium sacs, and size are all normal for her age, and no signs of MBD. The vet said that since it's been a bit chilly lately she could just be less active, along with her transitioning into adulthood. I got her a couple pinhead crickets on the way home (dusted them before feeding) and she actually chased them down and ate them. She seems to be a bit more active now. I'm super glad that she's healthy and thanks again for your input.
    You're very welcome. I think it's better to be safe rather than sorry. I'm glad she liked her crickets! Feeding crickets once in a while is always good. That's what they'd eat in the wild.

    What's her temperature range? She may appreciate additional heat this time of year.

    Here's how I manage my crestie's heat:

    Temperatures
    • Days: 70-80ish *F (21.1-26.7ish *C) Sometimes I catch my crestie basking on his chill bar right beneath either a 15 watt or a 25 watt incandescent bulb. Bulb wattage depends upon the season. The temperature right there is low to mid-80s*F (26.7-28.9*C).
    • Nights: lows to ~67*F (~19.4*C)
    Lighting
    • During the days mid-May through mid-September I keep a normal 15 watt incandescent bulb over my crestie. The rest of the year it's a 25 watt bulb. That bulb provides a photoperiod, adds some heat, and sheds light on the potted sansevieria.
    Last edited by Elizabeth Freer; 02-02-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside a vivarium <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah I was very surprised that she actually ate them, she usually doesn't.

    Her temps right now are about 71 during the day and 68 at night. I moved her further away from the window so hopefully she'll be warmer than she was. I don't have any lighting on her but have been considering getting some, although the room she's kept in has very bright natural lighting.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    19,472
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    Yeah I was very surprised that she actually ate them, she usually doesn't.

    Her temps right now are about 71 during the day and 68 at night. I moved her further away from the window so hopefully she'll be warmer than she was. I don't have any lighting on her but have been considering getting some, although the room she's kept in has very bright natural lighting.
    Since your crestie is at the low end of comfortable temps, what do you think about adding a 15 or 25 watt incandescent bulb with the maximum diameter lamp that will fit? I imagine that would be an 8.5 or a 10 inch lamp to house the bulb.

    A diagonal piece of bamboo all the way to the top will give your crestie a basking spot. A group of silk plants up high could do the same thing. Another method is a basking bar hung from the screen top.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside a vivarium <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Amherstview Ontario
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    She's doing well. She still walks slow and doesn't jump much, I'm thinking that's just how she is, even though cresties are usually super hyper!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •