Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Quote Originally Posted by GpBp View Post
    Well... as she's still having a GREAT feeding response, she only eats off the toothpick! When I mix it up, I'll put some up to her on a toothpick and she gobbles that right up! But then when I set the whole bottle cap down she doesn't care to eat from that... IDK maybe she is and I'm just not able to tell. I know she knows where the food is, too. Anything I can do? Thanks!
    I notice Pocket has a feeding ledge. Are you adding a ground level feeding dish in a different location as well?
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside a vivarium <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    East-central Wisconsin
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just for a week or two, offer food on the toothpick right over the food bowl, until it is almost right in the food bowl. They do get used to being hand-fed, and then it can be hard to break that habit! But best you do it anyway, in case you have to be away for any length of time. I think it's good that you have some new flavors; chances are she just got bored with what she had, so switch it out every now and then. You might also want to try feeding some roaches instead of crickets (gutload, dust them, and put them in a container with high sides and they won't climb out). My gecko had a huge growth spurt once he started eating those.

    You might also try putting some more greenery a little higher up in the tank. You have a lot of open space, and she might be a little stressed about that.

    I think you'll start seeing some improvement in weight gain soon!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    I notice Pocket has a feeding ledge. Are you adding a ground level feeding dish in a different location as well?
    The feeding ledge is actually on ground level, and I only have one. I can make another and put it higher? The one I have in can move around.

    Quote Originally Posted by GeckoLeen View Post
    Just for a week or two, offer food on the toothpick right over the food bowl, until it is almost right in the food bowl. They do get used to being hand-fed, and then it can be hard to break that habit! But best you do it anyway, in case you have to be away for any length of time. I think it's good that you have some new flavors; chances are she just got bored with what she had, so switch it out every now and then. You might also want to try feeding some roaches instead of crickets (gutload, dust them, and put them in a container with high sides and they won't climb out). My gecko had a huge growth spurt once he started eating those.

    You might also try putting some more greenery a little higher up in the tank. You have a lot of open space, and she might be a little stressed about that.

    I think you'll start seeing some improvement in weight gain soon!
    Thanks so much! Ill try that for sure. I havent fed her live food in four weeks... I'm just so scared of stressing her out! She's been through a lot lately! But when I do feed her I feed crickets. Ill try roaches! And ill also try feeding by the bowl next time, and ill get more foliage. Thanks again!
    1.1 Ball Python
    1.0 Pastel (Geno)
    0.1 Emperor Pinstripe (Maybelle)

    0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Normal (Rojo)

    2.0 Guinea Pig
    1.0 Shorthair (Snickers)
    1.0 Abyssinian (Otis)-Blind

    1.1 Crested Gecko
    0.1 Partial Pinstripe Harlequin (Pocket)
    1.0 Flame (Bea)


    Love my pets!
    Likes GeckoLeen liked this post

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Very VERY worried about my girl... It was feeding day (crickets) for Bea(my other crestie) and I thought I'd offer some to Pocket. She took 6! But at I closer look she just looked really skinny and, not like herself. I took her out gently (it was easy, she crawled right onto my hand), and took her to the scale. 5g, not bad! Last weight I had on her was April 2nd, at 4g. She hopped on the scale politely, and sat there no problem. I forgot my phone in the living room so I picked her up abd walked to get it real quick. Then I sat her back on the scale and got these: 20180422_182124_Film1.jpg
    20180422_181854_Film1.jpg
    She just doesnt look normal to me. But I'm probably just being paranoid, what do you think?
    Do I went to pick her back up after taking some quick photos, and she just didnt respond. She just kept sitting there in that same position... Until finally she climbed up into my hand and I took her back. She even jumped to her cage too. I'm just so worried about her. I got a big vine for her tank I forgot to take a pic of, I just dont wanna get the tub back down again (on a tall shelf). Thank you, please help!

    P.S In the first pic it looks a little like MBD in her back leg, but its not. I mean, I'm not expert but her back leg seemed perfectly fine, I think the pic was just a weird angle. Also crickets were dusted.
    Last edited by GpBp; 04-22-2018 at 07:36 PM.
    1.1 Ball Python
    1.0 Pastel (Geno)
    0.1 Emperor Pinstripe (Maybelle)

    0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Normal (Rojo)

    2.0 Guinea Pig
    1.0 Shorthair (Snickers)
    1.0 Abyssinian (Otis)-Blind

    1.1 Crested Gecko
    0.1 Partial Pinstripe Harlequin (Pocket)
    1.0 Flame (Bea)


    Love my pets!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    + 1 gram is good. Don't weigh Pocket more often than every 2 weeks. Let her be.

    Please refresh my memory.
    1. What type of powdered diets are you using?
    2. What brand and type of D3 have you been dusting Pocket's crickets with?
    3. How often are you using crickets?
    4. Is Bea growing well?
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside a vivarium <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    + 1 gram is good. Don't weigh Pocket more often than every 2 weeks. Let her be.

    Please refresh my memory.
    1. What type of powdered diets are you using?
    2. What brand and type of D3 have you been dusting Pocket's crickets with?
    3. How often are you using crickets?
    4. Is Bea growing well?
    Ok.
    Pockets eating watermelon mango Pangea CGD, and eating it good.
    Rep-Cal is the brand, its Calcium with D3
    I feed crickets once every two weeks, but Pocket hasnt had aby for a while.
    Bea is doing great! Hes always cleaning out his bowl and weighs 23g

    Hope this helps!
    1.1 Ball Python
    1.0 Pastel (Geno)
    0.1 Emperor Pinstripe (Maybelle)

    0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Normal (Rojo)

    2.0 Guinea Pig
    1.0 Shorthair (Snickers)
    1.0 Abyssinian (Otis)-Blind

    1.1 Crested Gecko
    0.1 Partial Pinstripe Harlequin (Pocket)
    1.0 Flame (Bea)


    Love my pets!
    Thanks Elizabeth Freer thanked for this post

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GpBp View Post
    Ok.
    Pockets eating watermelon mango Pangea CGD, and eating it good.
    Rep-Cal is the brand, its Calcium with D3
    I feed crickets once every two weeks, but Pocket hasnt had aby for a while.
    Bea is doing great! Hes always cleaning out his bowl and weighs 23g

    Hope this helps!
    The feeding ledge is actually on ground level, and I only have one. I can make another and put it higher? The one I have in can move around.
    I'm happy Pocket gives 2 thumbs up to watermelon mango Pangea and ate 6 crickets today!!!

    Yes: place one food dish higher up with easy access. Place a second feeding dish at ground level too.

    As long as Pocket's gaining weight that's excellent!!!

    Is the large vine one of those Exo Terra twisty vines? Next time you have the enclosure at ground level, please share a photo. Sansevieria (snake plants) potted in sandy soil in their own pots work well for me (usually). Let snake plants dry out between watering.

    Rep-Cal's Calcium with D3 contains 17x more D3 than does Zoo Med's Repti Calcium with D3. All that vitamin D3 is excessive and could be harmful, especially since Pangea's Complete Diets like the ones you're using also contain vitaimin D3.

    My PetCo carries Zoo Med's Repti Calcium with D3. Can you get some? When you lightly dust the crickets use that instead of Rep-Cal's Calcium with D3.
    Last edited by Elizabeth Freer; 04-22-2018 at 09:51 PM.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside a vivarium <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    I'm glad Pocket's gives a 2 thumbs up to her new flavor!

    Yes: place one food dish higher up with easy access. Place a second feeding dish at ground level too.

    Have you found a lot more cover? Sansevieria (snake plants) potted in sandy soil in their own pots work well for me (usually). Let snake plants dry out between watering.

    As long as Pocket's gaining some weight that's excellent!!!

    Rep-Cal's Calcium with D3 contains 17x more D3 than does Zoo Med's Repti Calcium with D3. All that vitamin D3 is excessive and could be harmful, especially since Pangea's Complete Diets like the ones you're using also contain vitaimin D3.

    My PetCo carries Zoo Med's Repti Calcium with D3. Can you get some? When you lightly dust the crickets use that instead of Rep-Cal's Calcium with D3.
    Thank you, I will definatly get that Zoo Med brand. Just put the second ledge in, but stupid me forgot to take a pic while the tub was open! Here's this from the side though.
    Snapchat-902893045.jpg
    Red circle is first feeding dish, green circle is where Pocket is sitting now. Right behind Pocket is the ledge. Sorry I couldn't get a better pic! Hopefully this helps you see the coverage I got for her too.
    1.1 Ball Python
    1.0 Pastel (Geno)
    0.1 Emperor Pinstripe (Maybelle)

    0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Normal (Rojo)

    2.0 Guinea Pig
    1.0 Shorthair (Snickers)
    1.0 Abyssinian (Otis)-Blind

    1.1 Crested Gecko
    0.1 Partial Pinstripe Harlequin (Pocket)
    1.0 Flame (Bea)


    Love my pets!
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OK...to reiterate: changing her cage is stressful (even tho you needed to add the vines and are rearranging feeding ledges for good reasons). taking pics is stressful. being weighed is extra stressful.

    I know that you don't like to hear this, but if you want her to settle in you need to give her the time and the space to adjust, and I mean more than just a few days. don't weigh her. don't mess with her. as small as she is, you can go a good while without changing out the paper towels in her little home. I'm with Liz, just let her be. feed her, mist her, and leave her alone. she looks fine, she's not too thin and she doesn't appear to have MBD.
    [I]* Morelia spilota harrisoni * Morelia spilota mcdowelli *Liasis olivaceous olivaceous * Blaesodactylus boivini * /I]
    Thanks GpBp thanked for this post
    Likes GpBp liked this post

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    OK...to reiterate: changing her cage is stressful (even tho you needed to add the vines and are rearranging feeding ledges for good reasons). taking pics is stressful. being weighed is extra stressful.

    I know that you don't like to hear this, but if you want her to settle in you need to give her the time and the space to adjust, and I mean more than just a few days. don't weigh her. don't mess with her. as small as she is, you can go a good while without changing out the paper towels in her little home. I'm with Liz, just let her be. feed her, mist her, and leave her alone. she looks fine, she's not too thin and she doesn't appear to have MBD.
    Thank you thank you. I've been leaving her alone for almost two months now, I was just very concerned so that's why I weighed her. I tried to make it the least stressful I could, but I probably shouldn't have done that. Last I weighed (4.2.1 was when I switched her tanks. I haven't gotten either gecko out to "hold" or "handle" in quite a long time actually, I'm just worried about both of them (Bea settlinng into his Bio-Active). I do want you to know I haven't been impatient and am giving her time.. But thank you!
    1.1 Ball Python
    1.0 Pastel (Geno)
    0.1 Emperor Pinstripe (Maybelle)

    0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Normal (Rojo)

    2.0 Guinea Pig
    1.0 Shorthair (Snickers)
    1.0 Abyssinian (Otis)-Blind

    1.1 Crested Gecko
    0.1 Partial Pinstripe Harlequin (Pocket)
    1.0 Flame (Bea)


    Love my pets!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •