Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 231
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    361
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    I would NOT change plain calcium in the dish.

    Llghtly dust all RC's insects @ 1 feeding per week with ZM Repti Calcium with D3 + Repashy's Calcium Plus @ another feeding per week + the dish of plain calcium 24/7. I don't think adding ZM D3 calcium as mentioned would hurt if you see an issue too.

    You may feel differently about free-range supplements. That's fine.

    Are you basically doing Aliza's Schedule 144?
    ah ok i'll drop it to 1x +d3 and 1x repashy cal brain farted i guess lol
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

    https://www.facebook.com/GameOfMorphs/
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    ah ok i'll drop it to 1x +d3 and 1x repashy cal brain farted i guess lol
    [Aliza's "every other feeding" for Repashy's Calcium Plus = 3 Repashy's dustings every 2 weeks. I realize all multivitamins are different.]
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    361
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does that apply to babies tho? They eat daily..
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

    https://www.facebook.com/GameOfMorphs/

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    361
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    just noticed the one that hatched the other night has 1 small eye 1 normal eye.. almost couldnt tell lol.. looks like his bottom lip sticks out a hair further too.. he seems ok tho he can def see. im wondering if this is a genetic thing or something..
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

    https://www.facebook.com/GameOfMorphs/

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    just noticed the one that hatched the other night has 1 small eye 1 normal eye.. almost couldnt tell lol.. looks like his bottom lip sticks out a hair further too.. he seems ok tho he can def see. im wondering if this is a genetic thing or something..
    Is the small eye you're noticing the right eye?

    I too wonder whether that's an inbreeding issue or just random. (I haven't read Aliza's article that you mention on missing and small eyes.)
    Last edited by Elizabeth Freer; 06-29-2019 at 03:18 PM.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)
    Likes Geopard Lecko liked this post

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    I would NOT change plain calcium in the dish.

    Llghtly dust all RC's insects @ 1 feeding per week with ZM Repti Calcium with D3 + Repashy's Calcium Plus @ another feeding per week + the dish of plain calcium 24/7. I don't think adding ZM D3 calcium as mentioned would hurt if you see an issue too.

    You may feel differently about free-range supplements. That's fine.

    Are you basically doing Aliza's Schedule 144?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    Does that apply to babies tho? They eat daily..
    Look closely at the additional chart at the foot of Aliza's schedule. From all I know that's how she doses hatchlings and juvies with Repashy's Calcium Plus: "every other feeding".

    The feeding schedules Aliza recommends are numbered 1, 2, & 3 at the top of Schedules 144.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)
    Thanks Geopard Lecko thanked for this post

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    361
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    Is the small eye you're noticing the right eye?

    I too wonder whether that's an inbreeding issue or just random. (I haven't read Aliza's article that you mention on missing and small eyes.
    Yes the right eye.. Now i see why you were asking his relation to r.c lol. Honestly we didnt notice it till last night when we were socializing him / checking him out.

    His father is from geckoboa and john works with the ndbe morph im wondering if Hercules has some of it in him.. That morph from my understanding can come with genetic eye deformities and im wondering that even tho Hercules isnt a visual maybe he is het for it or something and the eye thing is coming out..

    I think ill know more next year when i pair him to a few more females.. If it keeps happening ill retire him as a breeder
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

    https://www.facebook.com/GameOfMorphs/

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    361
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    Look closely at the additional chart at the foot of Aliza's schedule. From all I know that's how she doses hatchlings and juvies with Repashy's Calcium Plus: "every other feeding".

    The feeding schedules Aliza recommends are numbered 1, 2, & 3 at the top of Schedules 144.
    Ive been tryin to follow her schedule for the adults and baby/juvi's but then i started doing the zoo med calcium with d3 once a week taking place of one of the repashy dustings. I use the word week loosely because 7 days is weird so i roll it over or whatever..
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

    https://www.facebook.com/GameOfMorphs/

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    Yes the right eye.. Now i see why you were asking his relation to r.c lol. Honestly we didnt notice it till last night when we were socializing him / checking him out.

    His father is from geckoboa and john works with the ndbe morph im wondering if Hercules has some of it in him.. That morph from my understanding can come with genetic eye deformities and im wondering that even tho Hercules isnt a visual maybe he is het for it or something and the eye thing is coming out..

    I think ill know more next year when i pair him to a few more females.. If it keeps happening ill retire him as a breeder
    Thanks for repeating your latest hatchling's lineage. I might have scrolled back and figured it out, but life is short!

    Have you a couple more eggs due from that pairing? If so, and the hatchlings show eye problems, I'd consider retiring Hercules now.

    @acpart
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)
    Thanks Geopard Lecko thanked for this post
    Likes Geopard Lecko liked this post

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    361
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    Thanks for repeating your latest hatchling's lineage. I might have scrolled back and figured it out, but life is short!

    Have you a couple more eggs due from that pairing? If so, and the hatchlings show eye problems, I'd consider retiring Hercules now.

    @acpart
    I have 2 more eggs due to hatch and the 2 with eye issues do most resemble hercules instead of the mom cindy. I was gonna sell sarge but maybe ill hang on to him..


    I have a secret.. I ordered another male from knc geckos he is a mack snow raptor..

    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

    https://www.facebook.com/GameOfMorphs/
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •