Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 228
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Smile Think I'm getting close to having some eggs!


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Poor Carmella looks like shes about to pop any day



    Kinda hard to tell from the pic but it looks like shes got 2 eggs



    And here's Pikachu, shes a couple weeks behind Carmella an poor things shedding again



    I think shes only got one egg though..



    Incubators already setup and running with the egg trays an cups
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!
    Likes Newbreeder, Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pikachu. What a name for a gecko

    Im surprised none of mine have been named after pokemon. I got my 8 year old daughter obsessed with pokemon a couple of years ago and its all i ever hear about.

    Good luck man! I take it its both their first clutch?
    Thanks Geopard Lecko thanked for this post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbreeder View Post
    Pikachu. What a name for a gecko

    Im surprised none of mine have been named after pokemon. I got my 8 year old daughter obsessed with pokemon a couple of years ago and its all i ever hear about.

    Good luck man! I take it its both their first clutch?
    yep first clutches!

    ya my daughter named her pikachu lol
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!
    Likes Newbreeder liked this post

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    yep first clutches!

    ya my daughter named her pikachu lol
    Well i hope theyre all fertile! From my first clutch, i think 1 is fertile and 1 i think might be infertile but obviously i will keep it incubated.

    In other news i have made steps towards making my rack. Had a real ball ache finding the right size containers and still struggling to find some heat tape. I can only get it from America

    Grabilla screen capture: 2019-03-17 18:14:33

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    what do the breeders on your side of the pond use then? all are using american style stuff? looks like your on the right track.
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    what do the breeders on your side of the pond use then? all are using american style stuff? looks like your on the right track.
    Heat tape just simply is not available in the UK. I dont understand why. Only things you can get over here heat mats and heat strips. Heat mats obviously would be no good as i would need tons of them. And heat strips are really expensive for what they are. Basically a length of heat tape with a wire already attached.

    https://www.reptilecentre.com/prorep...BoC_10QAvD_BwE

    How much do you pay for heat tape?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Heres where I got mine from:

    https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/...at-tape-3.html

    I also got the "connection kit" and had them install it for me just to make things easy for me.
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!
    Likes Elizabeth Freer, Newbreeder liked this post

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    Heres where I got mine from:

    https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/...at-tape-3.html

    I also got the "connection kit" and had them install it for me just to make things easy for me.
    See, you can get 10 feet of heat tape for the same price it would cost me for 3 feet of heat strip which cant be cut down.

    I looked on that site but appears i missed that they will ship internationally, will see how much its going to cost, thanks.

    It would be so much easier if i lived over there

    Even the containers have been a nightmare to find. Bet it took you 10 minutes in home depot

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbreeder View Post
    See, you can get 10 feet of heat tape for the same price it would cost me for 3 feet of heat strip which cant be cut down.

    I looked on that site but appears i missed that they will ship internationally, will see how much its going to cost, thanks.

    It would be so much easier if i lived over there

    Even the containers have been a nightmare to find. Bet it took you 10 minutes in home depot
    yeah just dig in an do some research hopefully you can find something that'll work for you, maybe talk to other breeders an see what they use an stuff..

    and i actually found my bins by accident in home depot i was gonna look at walmart but when i saw them an that the lids came free i had to scoop them up lol
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Quote Originally Posted by Newbreeder View Post
    Well i hope theyre all fertile! From my first clutch, i think 1 is fertile and 1 i think might be infertile but obviously i will keep it incubated.

    In other news i have made steps towards making my rack. Had a real ball ache finding the right size containers and still struggling to find some heat tape. I can only get it from America

    Grabilla screen capture: 2019-03-17 18:14:33
    When I click that link this is what I get:
    "Your Malwarebytes Premium blocked this website because it may contain spyware.

    We strongly recommend you do not continue.
    "

    I do have Adblock Plus installed on my laptop. I turned it off for GU.


    EDIT:
    It's Malwarebytes Premium that's not letting me see Grabilla links. I can't disable that. The safety of my browsing depends upon it.
    Last edited by Elizabeth Freer; 03-19-2019 at 03:45 AM.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •