Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Looking into getting a incubator for my future leopard gecko eggs and for my crested?


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    So does any one have any recommendations for a cheap incubator, was going to make one but have the items to do that so I'm going to buy one
    3.1 leopard geckos
    1.1.2 crested geckos
    0.0.1 corn snake
    0.0.1 taranural

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Iv just bought a reptibator for 140 ready for next season but i have had great success qith my homemade incubator. If it wasnt for the volume of eggs i plan on incubating i would 100% stay with the homemade one. Hatched 3/4 eggs(1 was infertile)

    If you want to have a crack at making a homemade one it will cost you around 30. I made an in depth guide how to make one.

    How to make a cheap homemade incubator
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Want to know how to make your own cheap and reliable incubator?Click here
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbreeder View Post
    Iv just bought a reptibator for 140 ready for next season but i have had great success qith my homemade incubator. If it wasnt for the volume of eggs i plan on incubating i would 100% stay with the homemade one. Hatched 3/4 eggs(1 was infertile)

    If you want to have a crack at making a homemade one it will cost you around 30. I made an in depth guide how to make one.

    How to make a cheap homemade incubator
    Where's the best place to get everything from? Also don't have a hot glue or soldering iron
    3.1 leopard geckos
    1.1.2 crested geckos
    0.0.1 corn snake
    0.0.1 taranural

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Lauren View Post
    Where's the best place to get everything from? Also don't have a hot glue or soldering iron
    Those things arent essential. But i have them and they make a better job. You can just use tape instead of hot glue and you can just twist the wires together and tape them up. Just make sure they are solid as you dont want a loose connection killing your eggs.

    I mention where i got all of the bits in the post if i remember correctly.
    Want to know how to make your own cheap and reliable incubator?Click here

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Lauren View Post
    Where's the best place to get everything from? Also don't have a hot glue or soldering iron
    Please check Swell Reptiles and Amazon for incubators, incubation medium, thermostats, digital thermometers, et cetera. Swell Reptiles supplies many things "gecko" in the UK. They may even carry different choices of incubation medium.

    A home improvement store stocks building supplies.

    GU's Newbreeder is thorough with the incubator instructions and pictures.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)
    Thanks Newbreeder thanked for this post
    Likes Newbreeder liked this post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    Please check Swell Reptiles and Amazon for incubators, incubation medium, thermostats, digital thermometers, et cetera. Swell Reptiles supplies many things "gecko" in the UK. They may even carry different choices of incubation medium.

    A home improvement store stocks building supplies.

    GU's Newbreeder is thorough with the incubator instructions and pictures.
    I used to use Swell a lot and still do sometimes still do but they are a nightmare for things being out of stock. I use OnlineReptileShop now. It sells all the same stuff. Is atad cheaper fot delivery and you get loyalty points. Not that i have figured out how to use them. Iv got hundreds sat there lol.
    Want to know how to make your own cheap and reliable incubator?Click here
    Thanks Elizabeth Freer thanked for this post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Also if you do make your own incubator. Dont hesitate to ask me any questions. I will be happy to help. But it is pretty easy and the guide does cover everything you need to know.
    Want to know how to make your own cheap and reliable incubator?Click here
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •