Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    Well the last 2 movements all i've found have been Large white dry urates no poo. and she didnt go on the plastic.

    Have you noticed her drinking water? Who does this belong to? A picture of her would be nice

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    She drinks water but no more then the rest of them..

    Nova:20190421_192828.jpg
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    She drinks water but no more then the rest of them..

    Nova:20190421_192828.jpg
    You shouldn’t be seeing them drinking water regularly. Something is off. Could be diet related, perhaps too much of something(possibly supplements) biggest challenge of all Could also be it’s too hot or dry. Check the air temperature very carefully. Let me know what you get. You can also see polyuria with pancreas problems, however, unlikely due to the fact they are all drinking water regularly. I just wanted you to know there are other possibilities.
    Last edited by Sg612; 04-24-2019 at 02:27 PM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Theybdont camp out at the water dish lol but once in a while ill see them taking a quick drink.

    Air temps 72-79.

    Suppliments once repashy calcium plus once a week or every 3rd feeding.

    She is ovulating.

    Talked to her breeder he said nothin to worry about prob just getting used to the environment and food/suppliments.

    Honestly at this point if u insist somethings wrong then theres prob Something wrong with all my geckos cuz they are all about the same at this point.
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I never said there was anything necessarily wrong as in health. I only mentioned the pancreas because I wanted to be responsible. All reptile keepers make husbandry mistakes(how do you think I’ve learned ). You posted a picture and so I thought you wanted feedback.
    Last edited by Sg612; 04-24-2019 at 02:28 PM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Last nights pic was just to show a nice dry white urate and that ive been waiting for a poo sample but havent gotten one yet lol. Dont freak me out! :P
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    Last nights pic was just to show a nice dry white urate and that ive been waiting for a poo sample but havent gotten one yet lol. Dont freak me out! :P
    It wasn’t my intention. The urate should pass with feces(the reason I said that), especially if she’s eating. How long have you had her? Is this the firs time she has passed just urate?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    the 2 urates were between feedings, ya the first time. basically since that first pic i posted its gotten better an better and shes been coming out of her hides more and actually climbing up on us to be held while we're cleaning her enclosure where as before she would run an hide. maybe she was just stressed from the move an took her longer to get over it then it did all the others?

    we been cleaning / handling her last and limited and we wash and use hand sanitizer or as we like to call it sand hanitizer.

    i have seen the other geckos pass just a urate from time to time usually between feedings also doesnt happen all the time tho an usually not that big.
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    the 2 urates were between feedings, ya the first time. basically since that first pic i posted its gotten better an better and shes been coming out of her hides more and actually climbing up on us to be held while we're cleaning her enclosure where as before she would run an hide. maybe she was just stressed from the move an took her longer to get over it then it did all the others?

    we been cleaning / handling her last and limited and we wash and use hand sanitizer or as we like to call it sand hanitizer.

    i have seen the other geckos pass just a urate from time to time usually between feedings also doesnt happen all the time tho an usually not that big.
    Sorry, I forgot to reply to this one. I asked how long you had her because sometimes problems may be due to the conditions the breeder provided. We all know small cages can cause serious temperature issues(including dehydration). The product they use for dusting, frequency or even the product they gut load with. For example, you may see slightly mushy poop if you feed a product with too much fiber to an insectivore. We don’t know the exact requirement, but it’s lower than say an omnivore such as a bearded dragon.
    Last edited by Sg612; 04-26-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •