Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    BC, Canada. EH!
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Big kudos to you for taking such good care of Clementine and your other geckos!!!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great news! When I went to check on her tonight, I noticed that she’s about to shed again!
    Likes Geopard Lecko, Marillion liked this post

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Tennessee USA
    Posts
    464
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    awesome job!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So really late update, but after a few months, I think she’s gotten as big as she will get. She’s 46 grams and has been for the past few months. She’s shedding at the same rate as the fully grown adults I have and while she is fed daily, she really only eats every other day. She’s still skittish, but she does accept the occasional waxworm from hand and is warming back up to the tongs. I’ve recently discovered that she absolutely loves hornworms and once ate four of them in one sitting.

    Her tail is nice and fat and while she’s not the best hunter, she hunts. I doubt she’ll live as long as the rest of the geckos because she’s obviously stunted due to a lack of nutrition for six months, but all in all she’s doing fine.
    Thanks SpottedDragon thanked for this post

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
    So really late update, but after a few months, I think she’s gotten as big as she will get. She’s 46 grams and has been for the past few months. She’s shedding at the same rate as the fully grown adults I have and while she is fed daily, she really only eats every other day. She’s still skittish, but she does accept the occasional waxworm from hand and is warming back up to the tongs. I’ve recently discovered that she absolutely loves hornworms and once ate four of them in one sitting.

    Her tail is nice and fat and while she’s not the best hunter, she hunts. I doubt she’ll live as long as the rest of the geckos because she’s obviously stunted due to a lack of nutrition for six months, but all in all she’s doing fine.
    Many thanks for your update on Clementine! We really appreciate it.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    i wouldn't give up hope on her growing, i've got one that i rescued that was 8 grams at 4-5 months old in september, he is now 43g and from what i can tell still growing but i'll def keep an eye on him.
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

    https://www.facebook.com/GameOfMorphs/
    https://www.instagram.com/gameofmorphs/
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    i wouldn't give up hope on her growing, i've got one that i rescued that was 8 grams at 4-5 months old in september, he is now 43g and from what i can tell still growing but i'll def keep an eye on him.
    WOW, that's an impressive weight increase in just about 3 months, Geopard Lecko!
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)
    Thanks Geopard Lecko thanked for this post
    Likes Geopard Lecko liked this post

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    WOW, that's an impressive weight increase in just about 3 months, Geopard Lecko!
    he's a little piggy now! all he needed was a proper setup an appropriate sized food.. she was tryin to feed the tiny guy giant mealworms and large crickets not to mention the single half log hide and the heat lamp..
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

    https://www.facebook.com/GameOfMorphs/
    https://www.instagram.com/gameofmorphs/

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    he's a little piggy now! all he needed was a proper setup an appropriate sized food.. she was tryin to feed the tiny guy giant mealworms and large crickets not to mention the single half log hide and the heat lamp..
    Good work, Josh!

    It sounds like what your rescue needed was your love and leo expertise! Thanks for caring and sharing it all.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)
    Thanks Geopard Lecko thanked for this post
    Likes Geopard Lecko liked this post

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    Good work, Josh!

    It sounds like what your rescue needed was your love and leo expertise! Thanks for caring and sharing it all.
    we just did what we could an luckily it was just in time for the little guy.
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

    https://www.facebook.com/GameOfMorphs/
    https://www.instagram.com/gameofmorphs/
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •