Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Every thing Mike said

    It is important to have a thermometer to double check the thermostat. My hydrofarm seems to be a little off. But i double check it with a thermometer to make sure everything is right, so im not concerned with my hydrofarm being off, because it stays consistently off.

    I also double checked my thermometer with another thermometer to make sure it was accurate
    1.0.0 Eublepharis macularius - Leopard Gecko
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kholtme View Post
    Every thing Mike said

    It is important to have a thermometer to double check the thermostat. My hydrofarm seems to be a little off. But i double check it with a thermometer to make sure everything is right, so im not concerned with my hydrofarm being off, because it stays consistently off.

    I also double checked my thermometer with another thermometer to make sure it was accurate
    Thank you everyone. I am purchasing two Hydrofarm thermostats today. Once they arrive, I will use the ZooMed Rheostat to control the CHE's.

    As for a thermometer to check the thermostat, I have a digital ZooMed probe in the enclosures, an analog thermometer, and a ZooMed temperature gun.
    Correlophus ciliatus 2.1.0
    Eublepharis macularius 0.2.0

    "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."
    -Theodore Roosevelt
    Likes kholtme liked this post

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great! I just recently bought a cheap temp gun and it makes it so easy to check temps!
    1.0.0 Eublepharis macularius - Leopard Gecko
    Likes GeckoGuy2142 liked this post

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They are so easy to use and give me the peace of mind that my temperatures are accurate (and now the Hydrofram thermostat will, too).

    Another use I have found for the temp gun is aquarium related. When performing water changes, it's important to ensure the temperature of the new water is the same or as close as possible to the temperature of the water taken out. Before I had the temp gun, the options were to either judge the temperature with your hand or use a plain old aquarium thermomter. The latter option was a pain the rear end, as it took forever to read. The former was most likely to be innacurate. Now, I fill the bucket up with water and use the temp gun to adjust the temperature accordingly.
    Correlophus ciliatus 2.1.0
    Eublepharis macularius 0.2.0

    "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."
    -Theodore Roosevelt
    Thanks MikeD thanked for this post
    Likes majahawt liked this post

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,846
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeckoGuy2142 View Post
    Thank you everyone. I am purchasing two Hydrofarm thermostats today. Once they arrive, I will use the ZooMed Rheostat to control the CHE's.

    As for a thermometer to check the thermostat, I have a digital ZooMed probe in the enclosures, an analog thermometer, and a ZooMed temperature gun.
    on your digital thermometer with probe and your temperature gun!

    What I do for my leo is tape the Hydrofarm's probe to the digital thermometer's probe. I leave both probes on the tile floor of the warm dry hide 24/7.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    on your digital thermometer with probe and your temperature gun!

    What I do for my leo is tape the Hydrofarm's probe to the digital thermometer's probe. I leave both probes on the tile floor of the warm dry hide 24/7.
    That will be my plan then as well. According to Amazon the thermostats will be here by tomorrow!
    Correlophus ciliatus 2.1.0
    Eublepharis macularius 0.2.0

    "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."
    -Theodore Roosevelt
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hydrofarm thermostat's arrived today! Taped the probe from the Hydrofarm's and my digital thermometer probe to the tile on top of the UTH. The CHE's are plugged into the rheostat and adjusting. I will keep you updated and post some pictures tomorrow once everything is adjusted and the Gecko's are settled.
    Correlophus ciliatus 2.1.0
    Eublepharis macularius 0.2.0

    "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."
    -Theodore Roosevelt
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,846
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeckoGuy2142 View Post
    Hydrofarm thermostat's arrived today! Taped the probe from the Hydrofarm's and my digital thermometer probe to the tile on top of the UTH. The CHE's are plugged into the rheostat and adjusting. I will keep you updated and post some pictures tomorrow once everything is adjusted and the Gecko's are settled.
    Good to locate both those probes right on the tile underneath the warm dry hide.

    Looking forward to meeting your leos.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pictures coming soon today!
    Correlophus ciliatus 2.1.0
    Eublepharis macularius 0.2.0

    "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."
    -Theodore Roosevelt

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    My apologies for taking so long on the pictures.

    Here we have Cheyenne's terrarium, my larger Leo.

    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Correlophus ciliatus 2.1.0
    Eublepharis macularius 0.2.0

    "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •