Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    21,563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Quote Originally Posted by Sybilestial View Post
    Also... I gave her a bath this morning for two reasons; To see if the possible mites might float up, and because she only "pooped" urates.

    I looked at her tummy and saw 2 small blue lines, and I'm positive it's the mealworms since I haven't yet gotten the proper heat yet and she's only on paper towels. I've been feeding her mostly mealworms, waxworms, and some crickets. I will purchase the thermostat on amazon today and it'll arrive tomorrow or Friday, but still... I'm worried for Fii and kicking myself for not getting it last week and feeding her only what I could get.

    Other than soaking her in water, is it ok to use a little vegetable oil as a "laxative"? And I should wait to feed her until she poops? Anything else I should do?

    Her new diet plan arrives by wednesday, so mealworms will not be something she has very often.
    Those thermostats work for heat mats, heat cables, overhead lamps, etc.

    Don't feed her anything until the heat cables get regulated by your new thermostat. After you plug the heat cables into the thermostat (and the thermostat into the wall), it takes several hours for that to happen.

    Place a drop or two of vegetable oil on her snout. That should help if she's backed up.
    Last edited by Elizabeth Freer; 10-11-2017 at 03:29 PM.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)
    Thanks Sybilestial thanked for this post
    Likes Sybilestial liked this post

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    Those thermostats work for heat mats, heat cables, overhead lamps, etc.

    Don't feed her anything until the heat cables get regulated by your new thermostat. After you plug the heat cables into the thermostat (and the thermostat into the wall), it takes several hours for that to happen.

    Place a drop or two of vegetable oil on her snout. That should help if she's backed up.
    I'll be sure to do that! I might see if there are any at home depot, Lowe's, or even Wal-Mart. I'd rather purchase one today and get it set up than purchasing on amazon and waiting up to two days.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    21,563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sybilestial View Post
    I'll be sure to do that! I might see if there are any at home depot, Lowe's, or even Wal-Mart. I'd rather purchase one today and get it set up than purchasing on amazon and waiting up to two days.
    Waiting until this Friday to get your heat cables regulated before you feed her again IS perfectly OK, really.

    Leos don't eat daily in the wild. They, like other wild animals, are opportunistic hunters.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    Waiting until this Friday to get your heat cables regulated before you feed her again IS perfectly OK, really.

    Leos don't eat daily in the wild. They, like other wild animals, are opportunistic hunters.
    Is it alright to put the thermostat's probe underneath the terrarium? I'm getting my house sprayed for bugs sometime next week and right now I've basically bug proofed her terrarium so no bugs other than her grubs can be inside.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nevermind! The thermostat I got in is defective... They forgot to actually have a set button. I held the "button" for 3 seconds (even longer) and nothing happened. So I looked it up on YouTube. All buttons are supposed to make an audible click. The set button is missing it and feels hollow. Can't even return it until Monday unless ups has Saturdays as a business day.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    21,563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sybilestial View Post
    Is it alright to put the thermostat's probe underneath the terrarium? I'm getting my house sprayed for bugs sometime next week and right now I've basically bug proofed her terrarium so no bugs other than her grubs can be inside.
    With the bug proofing, does your leo's enclosure have good ventilation?

    Is there any chance the bugs you saw in her water dish are gnats?
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    21,563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sybilestial View Post
    Nevermind! The thermostat I got in is defective... They forgot to actually have a set button. I held the "button" for 3 seconds (even longer) and nothing happened. So I looked it up on YouTube. All buttons are supposed to make an audible click. The set button is missing it and feels hollow. Can't even return it until Monday unless ups has Saturdays as a business day.
    Is the replacement thermostat being shipped overnight?
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    Is the replacement thermostat being shipped overnight?
    Nope, just regular shipping. It won't arrive until Sunday. I just wish the package arrived earlier in the morning instead of almost 8:30pm. If it had arrived before 10am, I would've been able to get it Saturday.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    With the bug proofing, does your leo's enclosure have good ventilation?

    Is there any chance the bugs you saw in her water dish are gnats?
    It has great ventilation. There are just holes located underneath the doors and two closable vents that bugs could get in that I sealed with electrical tape.

    I don't think gnats are that small. Gnats we get are at least 3x the size of the little bugs I saw and are gray/brown.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    With the bug proofing, does your leo's enclosure have good ventilation?

    Is there any chance the bugs you saw in her water dish are gnats?
    It has great ventilation. There are just holes located underneath the doors and two closable vents that bugs could get in that I sealed with electrical tape.

    I don't think gnats are that small. Gnats we get are at least 3x the size of the little bugs I saw and are gray/brown.

    A new working thermostat came today and - due to a ventilation design - the probe is underneath one of her hides on the warm side and sealed from anything getting in.

    The temp on the thermostat is set to 91.

    Right now it reads 92.6 (just changed the set temp to 91)
    the yellow thermometer reads 89.2
    It usually reads roughly a 1.5-3 degree difference even though both probes are under the same hide from what I've been monitoring.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •