Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    IMG_20190306_214905.jpg

    Here is a picture of my current set up. I wanted to get some more feedback and I figured I should just continue the thread instead of making a whole new one.

    The warm dry hide surface temp is 91, the humid hide is 87, and the cool hide is 78. The ambient air temps are from 66-74, with 66 at the very corner of the cool side.

    Do you think I need more clutter or will he be okay as is? The tank is 25"x18"x12". Substrate is tile and some paper towel to cover some edges where there is no tiling.

    I'm very excited to get my leo, hopefully I can bring one home soon!
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    IMG_20190306_214905.jpg

    Here is a picture of my current set up. I wanted to get some more feedback and I figured I should just continue the thread instead of making a whole new one.

    The warm dry hide surface temp is 91, the humid hide is 87, and the cool hide is 78. The ambient air temps are from 66-74, with 66 at the very corner of the cool side.

    Do you think I need more clutter or will he be okay as is? The tank is 25"x18"x12". Substrate is tile and some paper towel to cover some edges where there is no tiling.

    I'm very excited to get my leo, hopefully I can bring one home soon!
    Your leo's enclosure is AWESOME! You've done especially well! The way you've wrapped the background cling on 3 sides gives your enclosure depth.

    It's also important to have flat walking space. I think you've got a good mix.

    How did installation of the 11 x 17 Ultratherm go?

    I think you're ready for a leo. Have you chosen one?
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    Your leo's enclosure is AWESOME! You've done especially well! The way you've wrapped the background cling on 3 sides gives your enclosure depth.

    It's also important to have flat walking space. I think you've got a good mix.

    How did installation of the 11 x 17 Ultratherm go?

    I think you're ready for a leo. Have you chosen one?
    Thanks so much! That means a lot to me, I've really been trying to get everything just right!

    The Ultratherm was very easy to install with the Nashua aluminum tape you recommended. The larger size really helped get the thermal gradient where I needed it.

    I actually just ordered this pretty girl a few days ago: https://www.geckoboa.com/store/p3686...e_SOLD_BM.html She will be arriving tomorrow! I'm a little nervous, but excited, and eager to let her get acclimated to her new home for a few weeks before I try handling her. It's time to "hurry up and wait" I suppose.

    Thanks again to you and everyone else in the thread who has helped me prepare!
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Thanks so much! That means a lot to me, I've really been trying to get everything just right!

    The Ultratherm was very easy to install with the Nashua aluminum tape you recommended. The larger size really helped get the thermal gradient where I needed it.

    I actually just ordered this pretty girl a few days ago: https://www.geckoboa.com/store/p3686...e_SOLD_BM.html She will be arriving tomorrow! I'm a little nervous, but excited, and eager to let her get acclimated to her new home for a few weeks before I try handling her. It's time to "hurry up and wait" I suppose.

    Thanks again to you and everyone else in the thread who has helped me prepare!
    Any time, Vox! I believe you're SET!

    Did you need to trim the 11 x 17 Ultratherm at all?

    What a pretty leo! Please share pics when she's acclimated.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Luckily I didn't need to trim the Ultratherm, it fit pretty well as is. And yes, she certainly is a beauty! I will be sure to share pics once she's all settled in.
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    thats gotta be the ugliest gecko i've ever seen....





































    JUST KIDDING! holy crap thats a nice one!! looks like the sibling to one of mine possibly, mine are marked JH
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    btw congrats!! and hopefully she is exactly what you wanted! you paid a pretty penny for that one.

    penny would be a good name but i wont hold you to it.
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!
    Likes Vox liked this post

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geopard Lecko View Post
    thats gotta be the ugliest gecko i've ever seen....





































    JUST KIDDING! holy crap thats a nice one!! looks like the sibling to one of mine possibly, mine are marked JH
    You scalawag, for a minute there I thought you were serious. I was like "wow, that's pretty bold .. and mean." Haha. :P But thank you. She really is a beauty! I like the name Penny, that is a good idea. She definitely wasn't cheap for my first lizard. But that's okay, I already love her!
    Likes Geopard Lecko liked this post

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hehe sorry i had to.. i was hoping you'd catch it hehe.

    My 4 come thursday.
    Geopard Leckos Leopard Geckos, say that 10 times fast!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Lol, it's all good, sometimes I'm just a little slow on the uptake.

    Wow, four more? How many do you have? Are you planning on breeding?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •