Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    21,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    How is Olive doing?
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    How is Olive doing?
    Thanks for checking in! She is doing okay. She ate the cricket on Feb 10th and since then she has still been favoring her cold hide. Each day I have been placing her in her warm hide and after I put her in there she'll stay and lay on the heat for about 45 minutes. On Wednesday however, she stayed in her warm hide from about 8 pm to 9 am the next morning.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    21,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rose23 View Post
    Thanks for checking in! She is doing okay. She ate the cricket on Feb 10th and since then she has still been favoring her cold hide. Each day I have been placing her in her warm hide and after I put her in there she'll stay and lay on the heat for about 45 minutes. On Wednesday however, she stayed in her warm hide from about 8 pm to 9 am the next morning.
    You're welcome. How about another cricket?

    Keep relocating Olive, if necessary.

    Maybe Olive's brumation is ending!
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    You're welcome. How about another cricket?

    Keep relocating Olive, if necessary.

    Maybe Olive's brumation is ending!
    I’ll give that a go!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    You're welcome. How about another cricket?

    Keep relocating Olive, if necessary.

    Maybe Olive's brumation is ending!
    I fed her another small cricket yesterday afternoon. She ran after it and ate it. I put her in her warm hide and she only stayed in for maybe 30/40 minutes. I relocated her again to her warm hide before I went to bed last night and this morning she is back in her cold hide. She has not pooped yet, Iím concerned she is not able to digest the crickets since she is barley on the heat. Iím concerned that her metabolism/digestive system wonít be able to digest and process the food properly.
    Thanks!
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    21,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rose23 View Post
    I fed her another small cricket yesterday afternoon. She ran after it and ate it. I put her in her warm hide and she only stayed in for maybe 30/40 minutes. I relocated her again to her warm hide before I went to bed last night and this morning she is back in her cold hide. She has not pooped yet, I’m concerned she is not able to digest the crickets since she is barley on the heat. I’m concerned that her metabolism/digestive system won’t be able to digest and process the food properly.
    Thanks!
    What is the ground temp of Olive's cold hide?

    Since Olive has not really eaten in ~3 months, maybe that's why she hasn't pooped yet after eating just 2 crickets. She's "getting the idea" of hanging out in her warm hide right after she eats.

    My leo's thermostat turns off during the night for about 12 hours. Temps decrease gradually from 9 PM until 9 AM. Even when Cha eats at night, she poops sooner or later. Cha moves around independently from her warm dry hide to her warm moist hide to her "cold" hide.
    Last edited by Elizabeth Freer; 02-25-2020 at 11:13 PM.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    21,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    PS:
    A long term Geckos Unlimited member keeps her home set @ 68*F (days) and 64*F (nights). She's kept/keeps leos; she's also bred them. She's never mentioned troubles with that.

    Right now it's 68*F room temp @ 9 AM in the corner where my leo's enclosure sits. The thermostat turns on during the days. It's set for 91*F. Cha just ate 6 crickets. I don't think she'll have problems digesting her meal.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    PS:
    A long term Geckos Unlimited member keeps her home set @ 68*F (days) and 64*F (nights). She's kept/keeps leos; she's also bred them. She's never mentioned troubles with that.

    Right now it's 68*F room temp @ 9 AM in the corner where my leo's enclosure sits. The thermostat turns on during the days. It's set for 91*F. Cha just ate 6 crickets. I don't think she'll have problems digesting her meal.
    Sorry for the late reply! her cold hides floor temp is at 73* F. I placed her in her warm hide last night at 7 pm and she has been in it ever since! Or at least since I last checked at 11:30 am today. Thanks for all the help! should I feed her some more crickets tonight! Can I dust them with some D3?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    21,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rose23 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply! her cold hides floor temp is at 73* F. I placed her in her warm hide last night at 7 pm and she has been in it ever since! Or at least since I last checked at 11:30 am today. Thanks for all the help! should I feed her some more crickets tonight! Can I dust them with some D3?
    You're welcome. for Olive! Our efforts have been successful.

    Make sure Olive has fresh water right now! Feed Olive more crickets tonight. Lightly dust them with D3 calcium.

    Have you seen this schedule for mature leos?
    Weekly Schedule 126 for Leopard Geckos 18 months old +
    (withOUT UVB)
    Early stage metabolic bone disease (MBD) problems include uneven (lopsided) gait, bowed limbs, belly dragging, and an underbite.
    The Reptile Supply Company based in Sacramento, California stocks Zoo Med's ReptiVite multivitamins withOUT D3.
    • Crickets or dubia >> Monday - lightly dusted with Zoo Med's Repti Calcium with D3
    • Crickets or dubia >> Thursday - lightly dusted with Zoo Med's ReptiVite multivitamins withOUT D3
    • Optional: Mealworms or Black Soldier Fly Larvae (Phoenix worms) >> Saturday - no dusting
    Last edited by Elizabeth Freer; 03-03-2020 at 07:10 PM.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    21,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Place a small bowl of fresh water close to the entrance of Olive's warm dry hide. Make sure her crickets are well-hydrated! See whether she's drinking prior to offering a full meal.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •