Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: New Puppy!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    PacNW, at the beach!
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default New Puppy!


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    This said it's the "off topic" area, so I hope it's ok to put this here.

    2 weeks ago, I got a puppy. He's half Maltese and half Pomeranian. He's 10 weeks old tomorrow (Saturday, April 29th, 2017). I took this photo of him last week. Isn't he a cutie? I named him "Teddy".

    I'm a dog person, btw. I love all animals, and my reptiles especially, but dogs are REALLY my thing, so getting a puppy is a big deal around here !

    Teddy1a.jpg
    In the end, only kindness matters.

    My Herps: 1.0.1 Bearded Dragons, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, 1.0 Black Milksnake, 1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake, 0.1 Lipstick Sunglow BCI, 0.1 Irian Jaya, 0.0.3 Firebelly toads, 1.3.2 Phelsuma laticauda laticauda, 1.1 Phelsuma grandis, 0.0.1 Rhacodactylus leachianus, 2.1 Ptychozoon kuhli
    Likes Elizabeth Freer liked this post

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Teddy is adorable! How big will he be fully grown?

    Is there an online forum called Puppies Anonymous?
    Last edited by Elizabeth Freer; 04-29-2017 at 06:00 PM.
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)
    Thanks IrishEyes thanked for this post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Awwww so cute!!
    Likes IrishEyes liked this post

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    PacNW, at the beach!
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    Teddy is adorable! How big will he be fully grown?

    Is there an online forum called Puppys Anonymous?
    LOL! If there's not, there should be!

    Teddy should reach about 6 or 7 lbs. full grown, which is the fairly common weight for both breeds at maturity, unless one or both of their parents are oversized. He's charting to weigh between 4 and 5 lbs., but I've always found those estimates to be rather inaccurate when you free-feed, like we do. We're happy with small dogs who reach between 6 and 10 lbs. Small enough to be "portable", but big enough that they're not fragile and delicate.
    In the end, only kindness matters.

    My Herps: 1.0.1 Bearded Dragons, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, 1.0 Black Milksnake, 1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake, 0.1 Lipstick Sunglow BCI, 0.1 Irian Jaya, 0.0.3 Firebelly toads, 1.3.2 Phelsuma laticauda laticauda, 1.1 Phelsuma grandis, 0.0.1 Rhacodactylus leachianus, 2.1 Ptychozoon kuhli
    Thanks Elizabeth Freer thanked for this post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishEyes View Post
    LOL! If there's not, there should be!

    Teddy should reach about 6 or 7 lbs. full grown, which is the fairly common weight for both breeds at maturity, unless one or both of their parents are oversized. He's charting to weigh between 4 and 5 lbs., but I've always found those estimates to be rather inaccurate when you free-feed, like we do. We're happy with small dogs who reach between 6 and 10 lbs. Small enough to be "portable", but big enough that they're not fragile and delicate.
    In my book that's a good size.

    I worry about toy breeds. I mean, what if the keeper trips over the little guy!
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)
    Likes IrishEyes liked this post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's sooo cute! This made me think of getting another puppy of the same color. I currently have a pug and he is too adorable too.
    Likes IrishEyes liked this post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    PacNW, at the beach!
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glumgaggle View Post
    It's sooo cute! This made me think of getting another puppy of the same color. I currently have a pug and he is too adorable too.
    I always recommend a puppy if the person is up to the lifetime of love and expenses that go along with the blessing of an animal who only knows how to love . Pugs are certainly adorable, but those noses! 15 years of snoring whether they're awake or asleep... I always worry about dogs with squished faces, but it doesn't mean that I don't love them!
    In the end, only kindness matters.

    My Herps: 1.0.1 Bearded Dragons, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, 1.0 Black Milksnake, 1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake, 0.1 Lipstick Sunglow BCI, 0.1 Irian Jaya, 0.0.3 Firebelly toads, 1.3.2 Phelsuma laticauda laticauda, 1.1 Phelsuma grandis, 0.0.1 Rhacodactylus leachianus, 2.1 Ptychozoon kuhli

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    PacNW, at the beach!
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Freer View Post
    In my book that's a good size.

    I worry about toy breeds. I mean, what if the keeper trips over the little guy!
    I have a 4 lb. Chihuahua, and I worry about that all the time . She doesn't get to be on chairs unattended lest she fall off, and we're always aware of where she is while we're on the move. I had a little girl before Lass who was about 3 lbs. SO delicate and fragile. She was terrified of my husband, and one day when he got too close on his way to the Jeep, she dashed out of his way, and ran into a stair to the porch. She broke her neck and died immediately. It absolutely broke my heart. It's been several years, and I still miss my Rosie-Rose terribly.... So, yeah, tiny dogs worry me no end! I prefer the 6-10 lb. or so range by far .
    In the end, only kindness matters.

    My Herps: 1.0.1 Bearded Dragons, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, 1.0 Black Milksnake, 1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake, 0.1 Lipstick Sunglow BCI, 0.1 Irian Jaya, 0.0.3 Firebelly toads, 1.3.2 Phelsuma laticauda laticauda, 1.1 Phelsuma grandis, 0.0.1 Rhacodactylus leachianus, 2.1 Ptychozoon kuhli

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA: Oregon
    Posts
    20,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishEyes View Post
    I have a 4 lb. Chihuahua, and I worry about that all the time . She doesn't get to be on chairs unattended lest she fall off, and we're always aware of where she is while we're on the move. I had a little girl before Lass who was about 3 lbs. SO delicate and fragile. She was terrified of my husband, and one day when he got too close on his way to the Jeep, she dashed out of his way, and ran into a stair to the porch. She broke her neck and died immediately. It absolutely broke my heart. It's been several years, and I still miss my Rosie-Rose terribly.... So, yeah, tiny dogs worry me no end! I prefer the 6-10 lb. or so range by far .
    I'm sorry about Rosie-Rose. Had you had her from the beginning?
    "If you can hear crickets, it's still summer." ;)

    "May the peace that
    You find at the beach
    Follow you home"

    Click: Leo Care Sheet's Table of Contents

    ===> No plain calcium, calcium with D3, or multivitamins inside an enclosure <===

    Oedura castelnaui ~ Lepidodactylus lugubris ~ Phelsuma barbouri ~ Ptychozoon kuhli ~ Cyrtodactylus peguensis zebraicus ~ Phyllurus platurus ~ Eublepharis macularius ~ Correlophus ciliatus ~ (L kimhowelli) ~ (P tigrinus) ~ (P klemmeri) ~ (H garnotii)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    LOG IN TO CLOSE THIS AD   


    Aww... cute! Love small dogs (I own 3 of them). Good luck with this beauty!
    Betta Fish Tank | Sugar Glider Cage | Sugar Glider Diet
    Thanks IrishEyes thanked for this post
    Likes IrishEyes liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •