Eublepharis macularius

Brachydactylus

huh?

what does a photo of monument valley on the utah-arizona boarder have to do with leopard geckos, which are from central asia?

herpluvr

???

What are you talking about? Leos are easily handled. I routinely have mine out for at least an hour every day and shes fine with it. She actually falls asleep in my hand!

herpluvr

Well, technically you're not supposed to handle reptiles at all because they are wild no matter what, but leopards are by far the most handleable gecko species if not lizard species to handle.

Herpgeek

...aren't some captive bred bearded dragons I've heard are a must be handled so they can get used to their owner they're technically not all wild since they captive bred true they descend from the wild but that's the same with guinea pigs,hamsters, rabbits, gerbils, and birds

leofreaky

What are you talking about? Leos are easily handled. I routinely have mine out for at least an hour every day and shes fine with it. She actually falls asleep in my hand!

if they're as easily handled as you say then why are both of mine still skiddish after 3 years???

Last edited:

Gecko'sPal

Thought the care sheet said that they shouldnt be handled

Well, Herpgeek, you'll soon learn that sometimes(not always) the care sheet is wrong. I didn't handle my almost year old leo until a few weeks ago, and her limbs were really thin, and they're noticeably stronger now, only a WEEK!

leofreaky

Well, Herpgeek, you'll soon learn that sometimes(not always) the care sheet is wrong. I didn't handle my almost year old leo until a few weeks ago, and her limbs were really thin, and they're noticeably stronger now, only a WEEK!

nice. that really works?