What morph is my leopard gecko???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverside Reptiles

Administrator (HMFIC)
Want to find out what morph your leopard gecko is??? This is the place to start. This gets asked so often that I thought having a sticky thread would help keep down the clutter in the forums.

Included are some links to help you. Try these FIRST! Then, if you still can't figure it out, post some pictures in this thread and see what the other members have to say.

Remember, if you don't know the original genetics that your leopard gecko comes from, anything else is just a guess.

Start here:
Category:Morphs - Leopard Gecko Wiki

and here:
Leopard Gecko Morphs

Xero

Found in the Wild, Tucson AZ

My husband found this little baby girl at work and brought her home. I've been scouring the internet trying to figure out what morph she is but I can't seem to find any that fit the bill.. any ideas? We live in Tucson, AZ if that helps. Is it possible that she is mixed with another breed of gecko?

Attachments

• LeopardGecko.jpg
    LeopardGecko.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,553

Riverside Reptiles

Administrator (HMFIC)
It's not a leopard gecko it's a banded gecko (coleonyx). We have a forum specifically for them. If you post your pic in the forum, someone will likely be able to tell you exactly which coleonyx it is.

left coast CA

I just bought my gecko on Sunday and I was wondering what morp it is because my guess would be a jungle patternless.

Soph

Morph?

I got this lovely chap earlier today from my uncle as a present. I'm not very good at identifying morphs, so was just wondering if someone could tell me if he's a normal or some kind of morph!

I took him to Pets At Home to buy another hide and to see if they could identify him, and they told me 'It's just a morph' :neutral:
Shows how much pet stores know, huh?

Also, what's the best way to introduce him to my other two females? I was thinking putting them in a bath (without any water) together, that way if they get aggressive I can intervine before they reach eachother. Thanks! :)
PS. Sorry about the awful quality pictures.

Attachments

• 120612-172214.jpg
    120612-172214.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,215
  • 120612-172159.jpg
    120612-172159.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,062

ajb28221

He looks to be just a normal, not really sure about introducing them though, never done it with leos.

I got this lovely chap earlier today from my uncle as a present. I'm not very good at identifying morphs, so was just wondering if someone could tell me if he's a normal or some kind of morph!

I took him to Pets At Home to buy another hide and to see if they could identify him, and they told me 'It's just a morph' :neutral:

Also, what's the best way to introduce him to my other two females? I was thinking putting them in a bath (without any water) together, that way if they get aggressive I can intervine before they reach eachother. Thanks! :)

Soph

Great, thanks. :)
Ended up introducing them seperately, each female with him on their own in a big plastic tub. They seemed alright, didn't show any signs of aggression. Left them all in a box next to me to keep an eye on them now. Any more suggestions/tips would be helpful, thanks. :)

ajb28221

That sounds good for introducing, I hope you know what your getting into putting a male with females, that equals babies. If you have more questions I would suggest reading over the frequently asked questions sticky in the leopard gecko section, it should be at the top; it covers anything and everything about caring for a leopard gecko.

Good luck,
Austin

Great, thanks. :)
Ended up introducing them seperately, each female with him on their own in a big plastic tub. They seemed alright, didn't show any signs of aggression. Left them all in a box next to me to keep an eye on them now. Any more suggestions/tips would be helpful, thanks. :)

Nativeson

Normal. No quarantine for the new one?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

AidenLovely

Oops! I didn't see this before adding my last post. Sorry about that! I'll paste it here:

So, I got a new baby leopard gecko (3-4 months old) a bit over a week ago! Her name is Marceline and I love her to pieces already.<33 Anywho, I'm wondering what color morph she could possibly turn into? I'm thinking somewhere between a high yellow hypo, or a hypo tangerine carrot tail (possibly baldy?)? I've got some pictures of her in my album titled "Baby Marceline!" She's also the little gecko smiling in my profile pic. By the way, how do I paste pictures to a post? I can't seem to put any here without the post being denied!

ajb28221

Oops! I didn't see this before adding my last post. Sorry about that! I'll paste it here:

So, I got a new baby leopard gecko (3-4 months old) a bit over a week ago! Her name is Marceline and I love her to pieces already.<33 Anywho, I'm wondering what color morph she could possibly turn into? I'm thinking somewhere between a high yellow hypo, or a hypo tangerine carrot tail (possibly baldy?)? I've got some pictures of her in my album titled "Baby Marceline!" She's also the little gecko smiling in my profile pic. By the way, how do I paste pictures to a post? I can't seem to put any here without the post being denied!

Its hard to tell when they're that young, their colors change dramatically with age.

Soph

Well, my uncle assured me that he's had this gecko for almost two months in his own viv and has put on a lot of weight, not showing any signs of illness either (Also been vet checked).

He won't be in the same viv as my others anyway, thanks! :)

_ranchu_

hi help with morph id

hi im new here :)

Attachments

• gecko1.jpg
    gecko1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 422
  • gecko2.jpg
    gecko2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 364
  • gecko3.jpg
    gecko3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Nativeson

could some one please give me an idea what morph my baby is

Gorgeous Hypo tang! There are a few things that time will tell....

If all spots disappear, then its Super Hypo Tang. No head pattern is Baldy and then of course Carrot Tail!! It's a beauty!! Good luck

Patrick

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

_ranchu_

hi

http://www.geckosunlimited.com/comm...-leos-picture3484t-what-beautiful-pattern.jpg

If possible please tell me what morph she is. i got her from one of my mom and dads renters they said she was a lemon leo what ever that is. I would like to know her true morph but my guess is a rainwater

i think that's an adult bell albino... you can try to verify this... google search this morph (adult bell albino) check the pictures and compare to what u have. i just want to help... and i hope im correct

cheers,
skit

Status
Not open for further replies.