Lygodactylus williamsi. cage questions

Mikael

So i have a 18x18x24 exo terra and i was wondering how many of these could i put in there and can i keep 2 males together? also what is their main food source crickets or day gecko diet?

Aimless

Super Moderator
Day geckos in general are fiercely territorial. It's almost a guarantee that two males will fight viciously. I would hope that a single pair would be OK, introduced at maturity and watched to make sure they get along.

c0ld

How many females could be kept with the male?

I assume a 1:2 ratio should be doable in an enclosure that big (18x18x24). How about 1:3, 1:4, or even 1:5?

Thanks
C

Primal Rage

c0ld- The females in my 1.2 trio started ripping into each other after 8months of bliss. They shared a heavily planted 55 gal and were consistantly producing eggs.. then all of the sudden they wanted to kill each other. Now I cycle the females in with the male. A 18 x 18 x 24 exo is not what I would consider "big" either. I think that should be the minimal size set up for 1.1. I know someone with 1.5 group that is in a 36 x 18 x 36 exo and he has had a very hard time recovering hatchlings from within his set up. I am in the process of getting another male L.Williamsi and a couple 18x 18 x 24 to make things easier. The top opening 55gal is killing me!