Lygodactylus Picturatus

Deva

I have one male. What a pleasure to own this little guy! I have had him since about January. He is very active during the day, and it is interesting to watch him change color. Sometimes he is blue and yellow, sometimes almost a solid brown. I have yet to get a good picture of him.

I recently bought a simple magnetic feeding ledge and offered him some Pangea Apricot/banana food for crested geckos. I did not expect it would be touched, but about half of it was eaten at the end of the day!

I am so happy that this guy has another alternate source of food! I put a capfull on the floor of the cage once before and it wasn't touched. Perhaps that was a different flavor of food, I am not sure.

I hope to be able to get a couple of females, eventually.

Deva

I now have four of these little guys. One male and three females :) I am hoping for some eggs eventually!

Spawn

I hope you have good luck with them. A friend of mine had some limited success with this species several years back.

Deva

I would like to update this thread because I still have my male and added a female. She has laid a lot of eggs, and some of them hatch but I have never been able to keep the babies alive. They are very tiny and I don't think they eat the commercial mix that the adults do. I mist the terrarium everyday, and the adults are obviously eating and doing well. If I offer small crickets, they don't seem to eat any of them, the crickets just get large. Any tips on raising these very small baby geckos? Perhaps fruit flies?

Jakob

Definitely fruit flies, melangastor would be better. Maybe add springtails and a small species of isopod to the viv as well.