scared of female getting egg bound

Squeekee35

I just posted last week my day gecko laid an egg. she ate it a couple days later. but she only laid one egg. I put a dig box in there but she hasn't used it and hasn't shown any signs of laying a second egg. she is eating fine and pooping fine. I don't see any signs of her being egg bound. I am just wondering if maybe they can lay just one egg. or maybe the second one some time later? her cloaca is not swollen or anything like that and I don't see her straining at all.

I am only worried because my husband does not want to spend the money to take her to the vet if this becomes a problem. that is why I didn't want a female to begin with but I ended up with one any how.

do you think she has a second egg in there or do you think it was just the one? if this was her first clutch maybe it could be only one right. I am not sure how old she is but she seems full size.

her cage is in the mid 80s on the hot side and about 75 on the cool side. she has a basking light but I don't know how hot that gets I will get a thermometer for that later. she has a uva/b bulb coming. I bought one from the store but it is only uva. her humidity is 65. but I feed her Pangea with insects. and I haven't tried real bugs or fruit yet. she eats every day just about an 1/8th of a teaspoon. except when I first got her and she was getting ready to lay an egg she ate about half a teaspoon a day then for a week straight.

any insights to egg laying you can give me would help
thank you
angel

acpart

It's relatively rare for a gecko to become egg bound. She could have laid the egg and eaten it or she could just have 1 egg. She will not use the dig box. Day geckos tend to lay their eggs up high and stick them on a leaf or the side of the enclosure. She's probably fine.

Aliza

Squeekee35

Thank you for the reassurance. She is doing well so far. I offered her meal worms today and she ate them. I was so ecstatic....lol

Squeekee35

Thank you for the reassurance. She is doing well so far. I offered her meal worms today and she ate them. I was so ecstatic....lol