Your opinion on zoo med thermostat?

Keeboard

I know many of you recommend the jump start thermostat for seed germination, but it would be expensive to ship it to where I live and there aren't any in my pet stores, so I got a zoo med thermostat for a good price on kijiji. I've heard on YouTube that it isn't the best thermostat. I asked why and the person didn't answer. So, do you think that the zoo med thermostat is good to use or not? And if not, why? I must know soon because although I've had the thermostat for at least a month, I still haven't used it yet and I know I need to start using a thermostat. Thanks in advance!

Elizabeth Freer

I have never used a Zoo Med thermostat.

I prefer Hydrofarm's Jump Start MTPRTC. That's the only inexpensive thermostat I know of that has a digital readout and a small metal probe.

TheresaB.C

I have used them. I found them good, but one good drop will screw them up enough to get wrong temperatures, like most thermometers. Personally i prefer the NatGeo electronic thermometer.

Keeboard

Thanks, but are you talking about thermometers or thermostats? Oh, and sorry I posted on the wrong forum! I didn't know that there was such s forum and I'm used to going on the leopard gecko one lol