If you just got them, it may be a few days before they eat. I keep and breed this species myself, and they are very easy to feed.
Mealworms aren't very nutritious. I recommend starting them out on small crickets. Normally, the geckos should start stalking them immediately. Make sure you are keeping them warm enough, about 90f or so on the warm end.
You will probably never see them drink from a dish.
I just got them about 2 weeks ago.
But I’m out at the moment so as soon as I get back I’ll answer all these questions. Thanks by the way. This means a lot that you’re all so helpful.
I can't really tell much by looking at your pictures, Brooke. See whether these instructions help for uploading your video.
Posting Photos/Videos...inline or attached
Click: vBulletin FAQ
Imgur offers free online sites for sharing photos.
- To insert a video find 3 lines of choices at the top where you make a post. On the second line, 15 icons in from the left, you'll see a video icon. It looks like a ladder. Post your video URL right there. A picture and arrow like you may have noticed here will be displayed, not just a link.
- To insert a photo use the "image" icon close to the "ladder" icon.
- Click: Go Advanced under the reply box
- Then click: Manage Attachments
- Find pictures from your computer and upload them (after uploading your photos/video to a free Imgur account)
- Grab the url they provide
- Then click "insert image url" OR "insert video url"
- Then paste & share
You're welcome, Brooke. Many of us love geckos.
[MENTION=59861]Herpin Man[/MENTION] Some additional info from you will be most helpful. I've never kept Coleonyx.
- Which species does Brooke have?
- How do you heat your Coleonyx?
- Is 90* a ground temperature?
- What are your cool end ground temps?